Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Study Finds Having “Walk Like An Egyptian” Stuck In Your Head Better Than Actually Walking Like An Egyptian

yahoo2
Ancient Egyptian #1: “Boy, it’s hot out here.”
Ancient Egyptian #2: “Tell me about it. What are you up to today?”
#1: “Building a pyramid. You?”
#2: “Same.”
#1: “Hey, did you go to Sami’s burial ceremony?”
#2: “No, I missed it. My son got bit by a rattlesnake again.”
#1: “Bummer. It was alright. But the sarcophagus turned out to be too small.”
#2: “What did you do?”
#1 “Hauled some more rocks, made it bigger."
#2: “Right.”
#1: “Say, that’s a nasty cut on your leg there.”
#2: “Yeah, got this falling off a sphinx.”
#1: “You don’t say. You wrapped some meat on it?”
#2: “Yup, got it all wrapped up in meat. Don’t want the Pharaoh thinking I’m slacking."
#1: “Gotcha. Well, I’ve got to go haul some more rocks. Will you be at the sacrifice tonight? I think it’s Rami this time.”
#2: “Yeah, I’ll be there. Poor guy.”
#1: “Hey, at least he invented math, right?”
#2: “True.”

10 Comments:

Blogger SAILOR MOON said...

funniest entertaining post in a long time....due to complete random imagination!

April 1, 2008 at 10:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Dan,

I've never commented before (I'm one of those scary lurker types) but I love you like cops love donuts (in a strictly platonic, we don't know each other but I think you write brilliantly funny posts) type of way. However, I noticed a few weeks ago that you changed the settings on your RSS feeds and now the messages are clipped in my google reader. As if that wasn't insult enough, you then added some type of gay ass flash drive to your site that locks up my computer every time I visit.

Basically I'm here asking (I won't say begging, even though I considered it) you to please fix your feed settings so I can actually read your posts in their entirety. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to read half a paragraph and not know what happens next? No, you probably don't, but I'll tell you, it's frustrating.

Will you fix it?

Thanks,

Holly

April 2, 2008 at 12:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger PMJG said...

We already know that things were tougher for the Egyptians, because they didn't have puppy's antics to comfort them.

April 2, 2008 at 11:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Michemily said...

Creative.

April 2, 2008 at 2:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Maxine Dangerous said...

That was awesome. :)

April 2, 2008 at 6:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sid said...

I'm not sure how you come up with this stuff (weed?). Whatever. This was brilliant.

April 3, 2008 at 6:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Michemily said...

Hey, I thought you would like this story as you lived in NY.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_joel_schwartzberg/2008/04/in_training_on_new_jersey_tran.html

April 3, 2008 at 2:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger -J said...

Seriously, what the hell happened to your rss feeds and when are you going to fix them?

April 4, 2008 at 5:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Connie said...

I am in Egypt, and while out walking, have had an Egyptian (a merchant, or course) start singing "Walk like an Egyptian" to me, and trying to get me to do that Egyptian walk. I'm not making this up. So now, when I get "Walk like an Egyptian" stuck in my head, I am also plagued by that particular walk, and that Egyptian. A vicious, evil circle!

April 5, 2008 at 3:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger andebobandy said...

okay...for puppy (and you, too), this is a must see

http://www.wsfilms.com/directors/moviepop.asp?movNm=greenberg-la-puppe

and congrats on all the moving and even more congrats on scoring what sounds like the perfect job.

April 6, 2008 at 5:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home