Thursday, February 19, 2009

ThingsIFoundWhilePacking.com

(Brooke and I are walking down the street. We see an abandoned storefront that is being renovated. Brooke stops.)

Me: “What are you doing?”
Brooke: “I want to leave my business card in the door to let the owner know that I want to write about this restaurant when it opens.”
Me: “You can’t just leave a card. You should probably write a note on the back, too.”
Brooke: “Good idea.”

(Writes note on back of business card.)

Brooke: “How’s this?”

Me: “It looks like a four-year old wrote it.”
Brooke: “It’s not that bad.”

(Looks back down at the card.)

Brooke: “Maybe I’ll just leave my number.”

9 Comments:

Blogger deezee said...

yeah, I think spelling restaurant properly would have helped the pitch. :)

February 19, 2009 at 5:19:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god, this just made me laugh like a lunatic. laugh like a lunatic while also saying, oh fuck me, no way, oh my god ahahhahahahahaha!

February 19, 2009 at 6:36:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

Please post an album comprised solely of Puppy pics. They are the only reason I read your blog.

Thank you,
Puppy Fan

February 19, 2009 at 7:07:00 PM EST  
OpenID notthelifeiordered said...

i just laughed myself into a coughing fit! toooo funny!!!! i definitely think he/she would have gone for it if they saw that awesome spelling job ;)

February 19, 2009 at 7:31:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Lauren said...

i am so proud to be brooke's coworker right now

February 19, 2009 at 9:30:00 PM EST  
OpenID uncomplicatedly said...

wait, brooke is THE editor of daily candy? tell her i'm sorry that i canceled my subscription last week, but i can't afford any damn thing that they promote, including the "deals". not that the stuff they write about is not awesome, because it is. awesome.

tell her, also, that i think a version of the site for broke 20-somethings would find a wide readership. maybe call it "daily strangers' candy" or "daily candy that you steal in handfuls from the bowl on the receptionist's desk at the office where you're interviewing because it will double your caloric intake for the day."

February 19, 2009 at 10:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger sid said...

So checking out dailycandy.com right now!!!

February 20, 2009 at 3:51:00 AM EST  
Blogger Prosy said...

Case in point. I always type things.

February 20, 2009 at 2:23:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I do before I found you? I laughed so hard I cried.

March 24, 2009 at 10:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home